We recommend allowing 300 – 350g per person of raw pork, anything left at the end will make some amazing sandwiches the next day.
Depending on the size of the pork rack, allow about 2 hours to cook and then another 20 minutes to rest.
- A pork joint needs to be cooked for 20 mins per 450g – so about 1.45- 2 hours for a 2.5kg joint.
- Season the pork well with salt and pepper and place in a roasting pan.
- Start it off on 240C for 20 mins, then reduce the heat to 180C and cook for the rest of the required time.
- Turn it halfway through to ensure it’s cooking evenly and test it 10 mins before the end with a temperature probe if possible. When the core reads 65-70C, it’s cooked.
- Wrap the pork in foil and leave to rest for about 15-20 min’s
For a crispy crackling, score the skin on the top (or ask us to do it when you order) and leave this area out of the fat in the pan so it can dry out. If the pork skin hasn’t puffed up at the end of the cooking time, turn up the oven again for the final 10 minutes to get the puffed up crispy crackling.